Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thanks, VerseWrights!


VerseWrights is a community for those who write poems to share with the public and other poets--novice and experienced, unpublished and published.

 


Live Through This: poems

Cheryl Snell’s new book of poems has just been released.
Live Through This: poems is one woman’s experience with cancer, told in free verse narratives of “ruthless beauty” that “sear, then heal.”

Aggressive Treatment

Don’t talk to me about options.
When I say kill the cancer, I mean I want it dead.

Slash it, burn it, poison it without mercy
without stopping to sweep the hair from the floor

or scrub the red from the sheets. I don’t care
about the tumor’s grade and stage. Knock it down

to nothing the way people who see me coming do
turning from my limp and my lash-less gaze

blind to what it costs me to stay here.


The book is available on Amazon, and you can find out more about the book here. Cheryl Snell is a VerseWrights poet, and you can read her work on our site here.
  • 13 March 2014

No comments: